If you are planning to migrate to an English speaking country, you will be asked to provide evidence of your English language ability.

People migrating to Australia, Canada and New Zealand must take the IELTS General Training test.

You will need to take an IELTS for UKVI test if your planning to migrate to the UK. There are different tests you can take - IELTS for UKVI Academic, IELTS for UKVI General Training and IELTS for UKVI Life Skills.

Check the IELTS requirements of different recognising organisations.


Can I use my IELTS Academic results for migration purposes?

IELTS Academic and General Training are two wholly separate types of test, for two different purposes. While some individual organisations may accept an Academic result in the place of General Training, this decision is up to them. You will need to contact your specific organisation to learn more.